Thursday, May 15, 2008

Joy Guitar: Classical Rock Performance Award

Rarely, does something touch me in a way that brings tears to my eyes. In matters of music, one usually assumes this type of emotional reaction can only be brought on by achingly slow and melodic music...I'm here to tell you that any type of music can do this, if it manages to tap into that core of connection we all have with a creation that is brilliant, perfectly rendered, even opulent. I was taken over by joy. I had to share this experience with anyone who might be able to understand what it means to feel that way.

I was unable to discover the name of this piece, but it's at #68 of the most viewed video of all time on YouTube. I understand why, and am buoyed by the idea that so many are interested in this and find it valuable. This guy should be immediately hired by some famous, touring rock band. His technique and rendition is flawless.

Composed by Johann Pachelbel, arranged by "JerryC" and Played by "funtwo"--this piece exemplifies that state of bliss, that euphoria to be found in music and creativity.

No comments: