Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Epil-Not

I ordered Epil-stop from the television ad and when the product arrived, and i used it, i noticed two things: first, the amount you get is scarcely enough for one application for both legs,never mind any other area you might want to use it on and second, it simply DIDN'T WORK! Not only did it do a poor job of even REMOVING the hair, but the stubble grew back the next day. I asked for my money back and it took 6 weeks, and they wouldn't refund the shipping and handling, so i was simply out the money.

So much for truth in advertising...whoever said there was truth in advertising, was probably in the advertising business.


25 July 98
Epil-Stop Plus
5315 Lindbergh Lane
Bell, CA 90201

To Whom it May Concern:

I purchased the Epil-Stop Plus product recently, and used the product in its entirety without success. Your advertisements claim that the product removes hair permanently or at least makes the new growth finer, and after several applications, will eliminate it entirely. This was not the case. Your product was completely ineffective, and I experienced stubble growth the very next day.

It is my understanding that any advertisement that promises what it cannot deliver, is considered fraudulent. Therefore, I request a full refund of the purchase price, plus shipping and handling.

Additionally, I will be reporting this fraud to the Attorney General in your State, as well as the Better Business Bureau, and will make it my aim to announce this fraud all over the Internet, to warn others who might fall prey to the deception.


I expect a swift return of my costs.


Sincerely,

Kelli Jae Baeli
cc: Better Business Bureau, Attorney General

UPDATE:
(Eventually, they returned the purchase price, but i lost the cost of shipping and handling. They said they "could not" return that).

No comments: