Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Find it fast in Blogger template code

Here's a tip on working with the template code in Blogger. (Customize/Layout/Edit HTML).

First, I use Firefox, so you'll have to do something comparable if you're using IE.

I have the Google search bar in Firefox, and I use that almost everyday, and here's something i discovered that also helps me when I'm tweaking Blogger template code. It's often hard to find the section in the code you need by scrolling through, especially if you have to expand a widget. So instead, click inside the template box, then go up to Firefox's Google bar and type in the word you want to find, BUT DON'T hit enter.



Instead look to the right on the Google Bar, where you'll see the word listed. If you click on that word there, it will highlight that instance of the word in your template. Each time you click it, it will find the next occurrence of that word.

This trick saves hours of frustration sometimes.

No comments: